Setting up POP3 GMail on Android
Here, I will be guiding you on how to setup your GMail account on your Android phone for POP3 and IMAP access. I have to say, this process can be a lot more complex if you are setting up POP3 on other device, but Android has made it very easy for GMail.
First of all, if you do not know what a POP3 is, here is a brief introduction. Basically, POP3 stands for (Post Office Protocol 3) which is currently the most common e-mail server/client protocol. Your e-mails are held by the server, and your client accesses it at intervals in order to synchronize the e-mails on the server. In older days, e-mails were deleted immediately from the server the moment it was downloaded to the client, but with some programming on the mailserver, the emails can be retained on the server. Thanks to GMail, they give us several options to choose from for the purpose.
Without wasting time, here is EVERYTHING you will need to do in order to get your E-Mail running as POP3 on your Android.
What you need: A GMail account & An Android phone (Nexus One/Garmin-Asus A10/Garmin-Asus A50 tested for this tutorial).
Hope that helps :)
I am currently working as Application & Software Engineer in Huawei Technologies Bangladesh Ltd . My core skills include extensive knowledge and experience of HTML/XHTML & CSS as well as experience in PHP, Mysql, Wordpress and digital graphic design. I try to build web solutions, which evolve with the changing needs of your business. I am also experienced in administration and application of UNIX/Linux operating systems as well as the Windows family of operating systems.
- 100,450 Unique Visit
Top 5 Posts
- Forget unfollowers, I believe in growing. 3 new followers in the last week! Stats via crowdfireapp.com/?r=tw 2 weeks ago
- 1 new unfollower and 5 new followers (hello! hello!) in the last week. Via crowdfireapp.com/?r=tw 3 weeks ago
- I’m ready to engage with my 3 new followers in the past week. I know them via crowdfireapp.com/?r=tw 1 month ago
- Wondering how to grow on twitter? I gained 4 followers in the past week. This is the app: crowdfireapp.com/?r=tw 1 month ago
- Forget unfollowers, I believe in growing. 4 new followers in the last week! Stats via crowdfireapp.com/?r=tw 1 month ago