Setting up POP3 GMail on Android
Here, I will be guiding you on how to setup your GMail account on your Android phone for POP3 and IMAP access. I have to say, this process can be a lot more complex if you are setting up POP3 on other device, but Android has made it very easy for GMail.
First of all, if you do not know what a POP3 is, here is a brief introduction. Basically, POP3 stands for (Post Office Protocol 3) which is currently the most common e-mail server/client protocol. Your e-mails are held by the server, and your client accesses it at intervals in order to synchronize the e-mails on the server. In older days, e-mails were deleted immediately from the server the moment it was downloaded to the client, but with some programming on the mailserver, the emails can be retained on the server. Thanks to GMail, they give us several options to choose from for the purpose.
Without wasting time, here is EVERYTHING you will need to do in order to get your E-Mail running as POP3 on your Android.
What you need: A GMail account & An Android phone (Nexus One/Garmin-Asus A10/Garmin-Asus A50 tested for this tutorial).
Hope that helps :)
I am currently working as Application & Software Engineer in Huawei Technologies Bangladesh Ltd . My core skills include extensive knowledge and experience of HTML/XHTML & CSS as well as experience in PHP, Mysql, Wordpress and digital graphic design. I try to build web solutions, which evolve with the changing needs of your business. I am also experienced in administration and application of UNIX/Linux operating systems as well as the Windows family of operating systems.
- 97,556 Unique Visit
Top 5 Posts
- Gained 6 new followers in the past week. I’m growing my account the right way, are you? Do it with crowdfireapp.com/?r=tw 10 hours ago
- 19 amazing followers in the last week and there will be more tomorrow. Growing with crowdfireapp.com/?r=tw 2 weeks ago
- 8 new tweeps followed me in the last week. I find relevant people to follow with the #CopyFollowers feature of crowdfireapp.com/?r=tw 1 month ago
- 9 tweeps followed (thank you!) and 3 unfollowed (goodbye!) me in the past week. Thank you crowdfireapp.com/?r=tw. 2 months ago
- 6 new followers in the last week and it is more than just stats, I use it for growing my account! Try it crowdfireapp.com/?r=tw 2 months ago