This plugin is pretty simple, it masks your affiliate links or just long URLs while keeping track of clicks, it also has the option of counting the unique clicks of each redirection. This is more of a modification then an authentic job, while looking for a solution to hiding my affiliate links i encountered a plugin named Short URL while the plugin is pretty nice and gets the job done, it only uses ID’s and i like to use custom text rather then the ID’s so i started modifying it. At first i barely touched it and just edited the parts that called for an ID to call the description. But then i decided i wanted to control the unique clicks so i started to actually rewrite more and more of it. This last week i finally got my self to create a version that was safe for others to use, since i have been using my edited version since the site got a new design. Here it is, hope you like it and enjoy it.
URL Redirector allows you to create shorter URL’s and keeps track of how many times a link has been clicked. It’s useful for managing downloads, keeping track of outbound links and for masking URL’s.
- Use of .htaccess to modify appearance of URLs.
- Control of unique clicks.
- Easy control of the link url.
- Easy to edit, add, delete or reset all clicks.
- Pagination of links divided by 10 per page.
- Extract the Plugin Folder from the downloaded ZIP file.
- Upload slimmity-url-redirector to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin from the ‘Plugins’ page in your Dashboard.
- Configure the plugin from Plugins > URL Redirector options page.
Any questions, bug reports or suggestions must be submitted threw the comments form in this post. Any e-mails threw the contact page will be ignore if its regarding this subject.