Web Design is a skill that webmasters have to learn and think twice before start optimizing your website. Because only having a beautiful website is not enough if it doesn’t have any traffic and search engines are only searching for the great content. So webmaster should think about SEO behind it. If webmasters not think about it before optimizing their websites, they will take a lot of time to correct and optimize it again in the future. Why not start from now!
Tips to Build a SEO Website:
1. SEO Secret: Check out SEO secret page to view all SEO techniques before start building your website.
2. Title: Don’t use the similar page headers or titles. But try to describe about your page titles in content.
3. Title Meta tags: Use unique Title Meta tags and don’t use the same meta tags (keyword) for all pages. It helps the search engine robots to determine the different web pages in a website. Keep the meta descriptions descriptive and precise to about 150 characters.
4. Headers: Don’t use only H1 and H2, but you have to use some H3, H4 and beyond and use it wisely on the page. Use your main targeted keywords in H1 or H2 tags. These robots give a lot of importance to H1 tags.
5. Text: Create simple, clear and a lot of text, as you already know, search engines love text. The search engine robots must easily read it.
6. Image: Avoid using image to detail your content. Because robots can’t index images and it also takes lot of time to load your web page. If you use images, don’t forget to use alt text to describe the image. Try to use keywords in alt text.
7. Flash: Don’t try to use flash. Flash websites take long time to load and robots can’t index it.
9. URL Address: Try to use hyphen between words in your URL address or name of file or images. The robots can easily index the URL’s with hyphens. Don’t use underscores.
10. File Name: Name your files, images and links simple and descriptive. Don’t use numbers or symbol characters. The page name or URL must consist of the relevant keywords.
11. Alt Tags: Use alt tags, Title tags on images and use descriptive filenames. They help search engines find more information about them.
12. Size Limit: Use images in a small size and page size should be below 50kb and have only 300 to 600 words for each web page.
13. SiteMap: Build a sitemap for a website. By doing so, robots can easily crawl to all web pages.
14. Logo: Place the logo on the upper left hand corner of the web page. The search engine robots reads the web page like a human from left to right, top to bottom.
15. Popular Page: Identify the most popular pages on your site as seen by the search engines, and manage them to promote other web pages.
16. Internal Link: Link well internally, and use descriptive anchor text instead of “click here” and “check this out” like phrases.
17. Footer Link: Don’t keep your website’s footer empty. You can use it for TOS, sitemap, contact us but also use it to link to the important pages on your website. Footer link must be designed properly so that search engine robots can easily navigate through the web pages.
18. Table: Try to avoid using tables, it takes times to load web page. Try to use DIVs, which has less coding and takes less loading time. It has become highly search engine friendly because the robots can easily index it.
19. Frame: Do not use frames in your website design. Lot of frames in a website also takes too long loading time and the robots difficult to crawl your website.
Google WebMaster Tools is a useful tool through which you can submit your website to Google and keep track of the results. You can also verify your website for any errors and make necessary corrections. You can submit your website to Google WebMaster Tools through the below
Like Google Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics is another useful tool by which you can learn about where your visitors come from and how they navigate and interact through your website. This tool enables you to understand the basic necessities of website development and help you to build better websites. You can submit your website to Google Analytics through the below.