Manage Your Auto Save And Post Revisions From The Admin Interface. Under Settings -> General There are 3 new options to manage this wordpress functionality.
- Upload The wp-auto-save-management folder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory on your server
- Activate the plugin in the admin interface
- That’s All!
This plugin is pretty simple, it masks your affiliate links or just long URLs while keeping track of clicks, it also has the option of counting the unique clicks of each redirection. This is more of a modification then an authentic job, while looking for a solution to hiding my affiliate links i encountered a plugin named Short URL while the plugin is pretty nice and gets the job done, it only uses ID’s and i like to use custom text rather then the ID’s so i started modifying it. At first i barely touched it and just edited the parts that called for an ID to call the description. But then i decided i wanted to control the unique clicks so i started to actually rewrite more and more of it. This last week i finally got my self to create a version that was safe for others to use, since i have been using my edited version since the site got a new design. Here it is, hope you like it and enjoy it.
URL Redirector allows you to create shorter URL’s and keeps track of how many times a link has been clicked. It’s useful for managing downloads, keeping track of outbound links and for masking URL’s.
- Use of .htaccess to modify appearance of URLs.
- Control of unique clicks.
- Easy control of the link url.
- Easy to edit, add, delete or reset all clicks.
- Pagination of links divided by 10 per page.
WordPress is an awesome publishing software and Auttomatic (the company behind WordPress) always tries hard to secure it so that millions of blogs can be safe from hacker threats. Recently TechCrunch the world’s biggest blog, got hacked twice in a short time frame of eight hours.
- Don’t install WordPress in the root directory. Install it in some folder with a weird name which is not easy to know.
- Change the WP prefix of database tables. It will save you from sql injection hacking.
- Never use the admin account. After installing WordPress, you should change the administrator user name.
It encrypts your admin password when logging in without the use of SSL. This is the best plugin if you want to encrypt your passwords and don’t have ssl certificate to use.