Setting up POP3 GMail on Android
Here, I will be guiding you on how to setup your GMail account on your Android phone for POP3 and IMAP access. I have to say, this process can be a lot more complex if you are setting up POP3 on other device, but Android has made it very easy for GMail.
First of all, if you do not know what a POP3 is, here is a brief introduction. Basically, POP3 stands for (Post Office Protocol 3) which is currently the most common e-mail server/client protocol. Your e-mails are held by the server, and your client accesses it at intervals in order to synchronize the e-mails on the server. In older days, e-mails were deleted immediately from the server the moment it was downloaded to the client, but with some programming on the mailserver, the emails can be retained on the server. Thanks to GMail, they give us several options to choose from for the purpose.
Without wasting time, here is EVERYTHING you will need to do in order to get your E-Mail running as POP3 on your Android.
What you need: A GMail account & An Android phone (Nexus One/Garmin-Asus A10/Garmin-Asus A50 tested for this tutorial).
Hope that helps :)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
I am currently working as Application & Software Engineer in Huawei Technologies Bangladesh Ltd . My core skills include extensive knowledge and experience of HTML/XHTML & CSS as well as experience in PHP, Mysql, Wordpress and digital graphic design. I try to build web solutions, which evolve with the changing needs of your business. I am also experienced in administration and application of UNIX/Linux operating systems as well as the Windows family of operating systems.
- 88,017 Unique Visit
Top 5 Posts
- Followers -5, Unfollowers - 0. I didn't know I was this awesome. Get your weekly stats via justunfollow.com/?r=tw. 20 hours ago
- Number crunching for the past week - 5 new followers and 2 unfollowers. Stats via justunfollow.com/?r=tw 1 week ago
- 5 new tweeps followed me in the last week. I find relevant people to follow with the #CopyFollowers feature of justunfollow.com/?r=tw 2 weeks ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/8_wHb6ZeA5U?a Ayub Bachchu - Bole Jao Koto Shohoje 2 weeks ago
- New week, new tweets, new stats. 2 followers, 0 unfollowers. Via good old justunfollow.com/?r=tw 3 weeks ago