Improve your site’s visibility in Google search results. It’s free.
Google Webmaster Tools provides you with detailed reports about your pages’ visibility on Google. To get started, simply add and verify your site and you’ll start to see information right away. Learn more »
- Get Google’s view of your site and diagnose problems –> See how Google crawls and indexes your site and learn about specific problems we’re having accessing it.
- Discover your link and query traffic –> View, classify, and download comprehensive data about internal and external links to your site with new link reporting tools. Find out which Google search queries drive traffic to your site, and see exactly how users arrive there.
- Share information about your site –> Tell us about your pages with Sitemaps: which ones are the most important to you and how often they change. You can also let us know how you would like the URLs we index to appear.
If you’re not (yet) using Google Toolbar, you must begin immediately. I mean it. I’m not cutting any slack on this point. It will change your life. It will consolidate awesome information power a click away at all times. It will both deepen and streamline your relationship to Google. You will be free to worship the oracular power of the Googlebeast at all times, in all (virtual) places.
The Toolbar installation process is almost completely automated. You just click your way through a few buttons before Google takes over. Follow these steps:
1. Go to this page: toolbar.google.com
2. From the drop-down menu, scroll down and select a language.
3. Click the GET THE GOOGLE TOOLBAR! button.
(The Google folks are just as insistent as I am.)
4. On the next page, click the Terms of Service link.
The TOS specify that Google owns the Toolbar, that Google is not responsible if it blows up your computer (it won’t), and that you can’t try to make money from the Toolbar (for example, by charging admission to watch you Google with it, which sounds a little bit disgusting).